Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Begining January 5, 2013 I am going to, once again embark on the low carb lifestyle.  I have tried the low carb lifestyle in the past and had sucess with weight loss and health improvements but I have given up for various reasons, I got bored with the food options or the cost was just too high!

This year I am determined to change my lifestyle and find a way to make low carb food choices while still maintaining a resonable food budget.  I have a family of 4 people, myself and my husband along with my stepdaughter who is 16 and an foster daughter who is also 16.  Feeding that many people defiantly puts a strain on our finances and adding a lot of expensive foods like beef jerky and cheese sticks doesn't help. 

I have done a lot of research over the past year and have convinced myself that I can make better choices both for my health and my wallet.

So why January 5th?  First of all, I love setting New Years resolutions, but hate the idea of failing on the first day of the year.  January 5th just happens to be the day that the Treasure Valley Weightloss challenge kicks off and this year, I plan on winning!

What I will do on my blog is post daily, all the food I eat and how much it cost me to buy the food.  My goal is to stay hit around $10 a day for all my food for that day.  I will also update on my weekly progress with weightloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment